The Winning Tablet: Acer Iconia Tab A510 vs Asus Transformer Prime TF201
Published on April 21st, 2012
The Acer Iconia Tab A510 (Olympic Edition) is now available in the market. Asus Transformer Prime TF201 has met its match. This is a battle between two 32GB tablet, Tegra 3 Quad Core-powered processor, with similar specifications and capabilities, but with a huge price difference. Who will be the winning tablet? Who will you choose? Let’s find out.
This article is about a comparison between the Acer Iconia Tab A510 vs Asus Transformer Prime TF201. Both of them are popular Android tablet brands. In this article we compare the tablets only, not including the Asus Transformer Prime’s dock to make the battle fare. Also both of these device have 32GB internal storage memory. First let us compare their technical specifications.
Acer Iconia Tab A510 Specs vs Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Specs
[table id=30 /]
As shown in the table above, there are similarities that the Acer Iconia Tab A510 and Asus Transformer Prime share:
- Both of them are powered by the same NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, 1GB memory and 32GB storage.
- Both of them have a 10.1-inch display.
- Both have longer battery life as compared to other tablets.
- Both of them runs on Android v4 Ice Cream Sandwich (assuming that you have upgrade the Transformer Prime’s OS from Honeycomb).
- Both of them have 1 megapixel front facing camera
- Both of them have the same connectivity features
Acer Iconia Tab A510 Strong Points
- First: The Iconia Tab A510 comes in ICS out of the box. This is a plus factor since you do not have to upgrade your tablet to the latest software.
- Second: It has a longer battery life, 15hrs vs 10hrs
- Third: It’s smaller, with a few millimeters, compared to Transformer Prime.
- Fourth: This is probably the strongest point against Transformer Prime, the price. Currently, the Acer Iconia Tab A510 is $100 cheaper than the Transformer Prime (tablet only).
Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Points
- First: It’s slimmer and has a better body built or design. 8mm vs 10mm
- Second: It has a bigger camera sensor. 8 megapixel vs 5 megapixel
- Third: Has an optional dock designed for this tablet, instantly “transforming” the TF201 to a Android powered notebook.
Generally, both of them can do the same tasks that the other tablet can do. Surely both these tablets can be a winner for you. Why? If you go for personal preference and don’t mind spending another $100, then the Asus Transformer Prime is definitely your best choice. It has a better rear camera, better aesthetics/design, and the optional dock is a plus factor.
But if you are budget conscious, you definitely would want to go for the Acer Iconia Tab A510. You can save $100 compared to the later.
The Acer Iconia Tab A510 comes in two colors; the Olympic Edition Black and Olympic Edition-Silver. While the Asus Transformer Prime TF 201 comes in Amethyst Gray and Champagne.
UPDATE: These products are already out dated. Check out the Asus Transformer TF700T and Acer Iconia Tab A210-10g16u