Android Gingerbread Update for LG Optimus Black now Available
LG Optimus Black P970 users can finally upgrade/update their smartphone from Froyo to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread. After the long wait, Gingerbread has finally arrive. Although I think it would be better if Android Ice Cream Sandwich would also follow soon. News that Ice Cream Sandwich for LG Optimus Black would be available by Q3 2012 if LG would push through with their plans.
The Gingerbread update for Optimus Black is around 238MB. So you need a fast internet connection or a lot of time to update. There are two way how you can update your Optimus Black to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread; first is through LG PC Suite and the other is through LG’s site.
How to install Android Gingerbread update on LG Optimus Black through LG PC Suite:
1. Before connecting your LG Optimus Black to your computer, uncheck the Mass Storage Only option in your phone. To do this, go to settings -> SD Card and Phone Storage.
2. Connect the LG Optimus Black to your PC and let the LG PC Suite detect your phone.
3. Hit the “Check Phone Update” found on the left-hand side of LG PC Suite. The one with orange color.
4. After that it will ask you to Update and Back Up the Files of Update Without Backing Up the Files. I would recommend you back up your files though.
5. After that, just follow the instructions that the LG PC Suite tells you.
6. Congrats! You LG Optimus black in now running on Gingerbread Android 2.3(officially).
How to update LG Optimus Black to Gingerbread without PC Suite:
1. Go to LG’s official website here.
2. In the left side of the window, (or it may be different in your case depending on your region) look for Support then Mobile Phone Support.
3. Look for LG Optimus Black LGP970. It should look like this:
4. Click Software Update, and save the file B2CAppSetup.exe
5. After download, run the downloaded file to update your LG Optimus Black to Gingerbread.
6. Connect your Optimus Black to your PC through USB Cable and begin the updating.
7. That’s it! You are not running Android 2.3 Gingerbread on your LG Optimus Black.
- Download Android Gingerbread 2.3 update for LG Optimus Black
- Upgrade LG Optimus Black to Gingerbread 2.3.4
- Android Ginger bread 2.3.4 update
- LG Optimus Black Gingerbread 2.3