Cooler Master Thunder M 620W: An Affordable Modular PSU
Published on February 27th, 2013
Cooler Master has release the Thunder M series modular power supply that offers stable power stream via a +12V single rail for a better and efficient operation of your system. The Cooler Master Thunder M 620W is built with highly durable capacitors and multiple protection design, providing efficiency rating of 85%. It also supports high end GPU and comes with a 3 year warranty service. See more details below.
Cooler Master Thunder M 620W Features
- Single 12 V Power Rail Tackling challenges from the most power-intensive peripherals head on, this solitary 12 V power rail provides ample power and strong resistance to any overloading up to 48A.
- Neatly arranged connectors on the rear plate connect to flat internal cabling improve installment facility while allowing for greater airflow through the PSU.
- Proficiently prepared to provide a stable power source and connectors for the latest ATX 12V v2.31 Intel processors.
- A maximum 5Vsb current draw target in S5 off-mode of 0.1A for its motherboards and needed to ensure the system will consume < 1W in its off-mode
- 140 mm Silent Fan for quieter operation
- Multiple updated connectors for all types of interfaces (PCIe, SATA etc.)
- Multiple Protection Design (OCP/OPP/OVP/OTP/SCP )
- High reliability with an MBTF of at least 100,000 hours of use.
- Three Year Warranty.
Cooler Master Thunder M 620W Specifications
Type: lntel ATX 12V V2.31
Dimension: 150mm x 160mm x 86mm
Input Voltage: 180~264Vac
Input Current: 5A@230Vac
Input Frequency Range: 47~63Hz
PFC: Active PFC
Power Good Signal: 100 ~ 500 ms
Hold Up Time: more than 16ms
Efficiency: more than 85%@ Typical Load
MTBF: more than 100,000 Hours
Operation Temperature: 0~40°C (Nominal Input Voltage)
Regulatory: CE / GOST / C-tick / KCC
Fan: 140mm Fan
- MB 20+4 Pin x 1
- CPU 4+4 Pin x 1
- PCI-e 6+2 Pin x 4
- SATA x 6
- Peripheral 4 Pin x 5
- Floppy 4 Pin x 1
Price and Availability
The Cooler Master Thunder M 620W has a suggested retail price of only Php 3,199. That’s the cheapest modular PSU I could find in Philippines. There are other competing brands like Seasonic which is priced similarly, but it’s only a 500W PSU or more.
If you are on a budget but would want to get a modular PSU, you definitely would want to consider this one, considering its price. With a 620W modular power supply, you can build an entry level to mid level gaming PC already.