Have you ever tried buying online? You stumble into an Amazon page, you see this item, and you like it very much. You login and proceed to checking out the item, only to find out that Amazon can not ship it to your location. Frustrating isn’t? Amazon cannot ship items outside US or to Philippines specially if its electronics and gadgets, and some other items. But there is a way for you to order from Amazon and have it shipped in the Philippines. Thanks Bennixville for this tip.
So here’s how it works, you order from Amazon then you proceed to check out, when it asks for your address, you place the couriers’ address, that will serve as a conduit. The courier there will send it in the Philippines and you pick the item at the station. Simple right?
The courier that I am referring to is non other than Johnny Air. They have been doing this for years now, and this is how people in the Philippines gets their items from the US. Let me repeat the process again, this time in details.
How to Order From Amazon To Philippines via Johnny Air:
1. Go to Amazon and look for an item that you like. Let’s say you want to buy the Asus Zenbook Rose Gold Edition.
Note: I am not sure if this is also applicable with other online stores, like Newegg, as well. Just confirm it with Johnny Air.
2. If you are ready to order, call Johnny Air first, and inform them that you are ordering this particular item from Amazon. Ask for the address of the Johnny Air station in the US. Last time I check, this was the address given to me:
Johnny Air Plus
627 E Summit Avenue
Jersey City, New Jersey 07306
Phone: (201) 659 5152
UPDATE: Do call Johnny Air first for the address, because the address above is for Davao City only. Code “AGT”
Note: Remember, it is important the you call Johnny Air first and confirm the address and the shipping process first before you proceed with checking out from Amazon.
3. Go back to Amazon and confirm your order and proceed to check out using the address given to you by Johnny Air.
4. Once you have the details of your order from Amazon, inform Johnny Air. Johnny Air will charge you according to the size or weight of the item (which ever is higher). You also need to confirm the shipping fee with Johnny Air so that you won’t be shock with the shipping fee in case you are ordering a huge item.
5. Just wait for 1-2 weeks for the item(s) to arrive at the Johnny Air station in your location, call them if necessary and when the item arrives, just pick it up at their station and pay the shipping fee.
If you do not want to pick the item from their station, you may try to negotiate with them if they can deliver it to your place, of course with additional fee again.
Hope this guide helps. I suggest you buy items that are found only outside Philippines or an item that is only available on Amazon. Otherwise, its better to buy that item locally to save the shipping cost.
One downside I find here is that, what if you need to return the item back to Amazon due to a defect in the item or you need to claim warranty, specially if its an electronic device? That’s another expense on your part. Just pray that the item you receive is not defective and a local service center is available near your area.
Go ahead and start shopping on Amazon here.
If you like this article, don’t forget to share this with your friends! Happy online shopping!
Related search terms:
- amazon philippines
- amazon com philippines
- how to buy in amazon from philippines