The Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is one of the most sought after tablet this year. It’s already available on online stores and you should be able to order one now. But perhaps you already own one, right? Otherwise you wouldn’t be looking for a way on how to root your Galaxy Note 10.1. Here we have a step by step instruction on how to your root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Please read the instructions carefully as rooting any Android device is dangerous. This guide will not only show you how to root your Galaxy Note 10.1, but it will also show you how to install the ClockworkMod Recovery tool which is a very useful tool specially for backing-up your device.
Before you proceed, let me remind you that rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is dangerous and risky. The author of this article or the owner of this site will not be liable for any damages that you may incur by doing this process. This guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 is for educational purposes only and it’s not a guarantee that it will work on your device. It may even brick your device. This rooting guide is intended only for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010 and GT-N8013. Again, use this at your own risk.[/alert]
Must Read Article -> The Android Rooting Guide: Things You Need to Know
Things you need to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Before you proceed, here are the things that you need to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
1. A Galaxy Note 10.1 (of course!)
2. A PC running on Windows
3. Install Samsung Kies in your PC or USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1
4. Enable USB debugging mode located at the Application Settings on your device
5. If you have installed an anti-virus on your tablet, disable it and other security apps. You should also disable Kies from your PC.
6. Download ClockWordMod Recovery Package including the Root files here.
7. VERY IMPORTANAT! Backup everything in your Galaxy Note 10.1, these includes contacts, messages, data, etc. Basically everything that is important. You would not want to loose your data if something went wrong.
How to Install ClockWorkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
First step is to install or flash the downloaded ClockworkMod Recovery to Galaxy Note 10.1:
1. After you have downloaded the RootGalaxyNote10.1.zip, extract the contents in a folder. Files include odin3 v1.85.exe, odin3.ini, highonandroidcwmrecoverygtn8000.tar and cwm-supersu-v0.94.zip
2. Open or run the Odin3 v1.85.exe
3. After Odin has successfully launched, click the PDA button and locate and select HighOnAndroidCWMRecoveryGTN8000.tar
4. Do not change any options found in Odin
5. Turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1
6. After your tablet has fully turned off, turn it On again BUT this time press the Volume Down + Power Button together. Press Volume Up and go to Download Mode after a “Warning!!” message appears
7. Connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 to your PC via USB connection. If you look at Odin you MUST see a message saying “Added!” at the bottom left corner of Odin.
8. If the message “Added” did not appear there is something wrong with your drivers or your PC could not detect your tablet. Try doing it again or reinstalling the drivers.
9. Click start button on Odin to start flashing. A message saying that it is safe to disconnect your tablet from your PC should appear.
10. Your done! This concludes the guide on how to install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. Below is the guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
You can now use the ClockWordMod Recovery to fully back up and make a ROM of your Galaxy Note 10.1
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
It is important that you should install ClockWorkMod Recovery before trying to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1:
1. Connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 to your PC and copy the the CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip to the SD card of your Galaxy Note 10.1. Do not extract it! Just copy the file.
2. Fully turn off your Galaxy Note 10.1 (again)
3. Turn it on again by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button together, this will enter your tablet to ClockWorkMod Recovery menu
4. Select Install ZIP from SD card on the CWM Recovery menu by using the Volume + /Volume – button to navigate.
5. After selecting Install ZIP from SC card, find and select CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip and confirm it.
6. After you have successfully rooted your Galaxy Note 10.1, select the Reboot System now from the menu of CWM Recovery.
7. After your Galaxy Note 10.1 is completely turn on again, find the SuperSU from the applications menu. Connect to the internet and launch the app.
8. Just hit Continue and Ok and you’re done! Close the app and your Galaxy Note 10.1 is now rooted.
Hope this guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (and how to install CWM Recovery) helped you. Good luck, and always remember to backup your device regularly, specially if you are doing something like this or installing a custom ROM.
Question: How to Fix the “Failed to verify whole-file signature” and “signature verification failed” error?
Answer: Make sure you have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed in your Galaxy Note 10.1. It might have been overwritten due to software updates. Just like root access. Please flash CWM again and boot into CWM. Don’t use the default Android recovery.
Related search terms:
- how to root samsung galaxy note 10 1
- How to root android Samsung GT-N8000
- how to root galaxy note 10 1