Lian Li announced today, July 26, 2012, a new mid-tower brushed aluminum ATX chassis with “silent” features, the Lian Li PC-B12. Its main feature is to keep down the noise of your system to a minimum, including noise from vent on the bottom of the chassis pulling in cool air, a downward facing exhaust baffle and noise dampening foam on the front and side panels. Below is a list of its highlighted features and specifications.
Lian Li PC-B12 Features
- Supports ATX / Micro-ATX motherboards
- Noise dampening foam on side and front panel
- Adjustable downward facing exhaust baffle for noise reduction
- No visible vents on front panel – pulls in cool air from the bottom of the chassis
- Holds three 3.5” hard drives and one 2.5” hard drive
- Eight expansion slots
- Tool-less features
Lian Li PC-B12 Specifications
- Case Type: Mid tower chassis
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 210mm x 472mm x 498mm
- Front bezel Material: Aluminum
- Color: Black
- Side Panel: Aluminum
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Net Weight: 6.4KG
- 5.25″ drive bay (External): 2
- 3.5″ drive bay (External): None
- HDD bay: 3.5-Inch HDD x3, (Optional hotswap) / 2.5-Inch HDD x1
- Expansion Slot: 8
- Motherboard: ATX/Micro-ATX
- System Fan (Front): 140mm Fan x 2
- System Fan (Top): None
- System Fan (Rear): 120mm Fan x1
- I/O Ports: USB 3.0 x2 / HD Audio
- Max Compatibility VGA Card length: 360mm
- Max Compatibility PSU length: 240mm
- Max Compatibility CPU cooler height: 160mm
The front panel of the PC-B12 has no visible vents. Instead of air entering in from the front, two 140mm fans behind the front panel pull in cool air through the 12cm wide (4.7”) intake vent on the bottom of the chassis. Four sturdy aluminum feet with rubber bottoms to reduce vibrations give ample room for air to be pulled into the bottom vent. The rear 120mm exhaust fan has an adjustable downward facing exhaust baffle on the exterior of the case with noise dampening foam that not only bounces the sound waves down, but also directs the hot air towards the floor.
The easily removable front panel and side panels of the PC-B12 both have noise dampening foam to further reduce sound from escaping the chassis.
Up to three 3.5” hard drives with an hotswap option and one 2.5” hard drive can be installed in the hard drive cage at the front of the chassis. Two 5.25” drives are easily installed thanks to the bays’ tool-less mounting system.
Power supplies up to 240mm (9.4”) in length can be placed in the bottom compartment. Ventilation slits underneath the PSU with a removable pull-out filter help increase the life and performance of the power supply.
The eight expansion slots on the PC-B12 feature tool-less clamps to secure expansion cards into a locked position. VGA cards up to 360mm (12.1”) can fit in the chassis.
The I/O panel located on the top of the chassis contains two USB 3.0 ports and HD audio connections.
Price and Availability
The new Lian Li PC-B12 is priced at $169 USD, that is the MSRP and it is expected to hit US and Canada at the end of August.
See also Lian Li PC-X2000FN EATX Chassis