Thecus N7510 7-bay NAS Features and Specifications
Published on August 14th, 2012 | by Peter Paul0
The Thecus N7510 is the latest 7-bay NAS Server from Thecus, built with Intel Atom processor, a 2GB DDR3 memory, and is protected by McAfee antivirus. The new N7510 is the flagship of Thecus’ Vision series, consisting of the 2-bay N2800, 4-bay N4800, 4-bay M4510U and the 5-bay N5550. It runs on Thecus OS 5.0 that comes with interesting features like the Data Burn (to back up the data on CD/DVD/Blue-ray) and the Data Guard (to back up data across RAID volumes, external USB drives, and eSATA.
Below are the other features of Thecus N7510 7-bay NAS:
Cloud Backup – in addition to RAID functionality, you can backup your data through private and public clouds. It comes with a new DropBox, Amazon S3 and ElephantDrive cloud backup functionality
HDMI Output – connect the N7510 directly to a TV or monitor for device management.
USB 3.0 Connectivity – It offers transfer speeds 10x faster than a USB 2.0. With speeds of up to 5Gbps connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS can be done in no time.
Acronis True Image – Easy to use backup software that comes with the hardware.
Multiple RAID – The Thecus N7510 supports different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and JBOD.
Multiple Files System – It also supports different file systems likes EXT3, EXT4 and XFS.
iSCSI Thin-Provisioning – Connect through iSCSI for the fastest data transfer speeds available and make wasted disk space a thing of the past with thin provisioning’s flexible storage functionality.
iOS/Android Connectivity – You can upload and download to and from the Thecus N7510 NAS using an iOS or Android device anywhere, anytime.
Rsync – Thecus’s Rsync functionality gives users great flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
User Quotas – This feature makes it easy to manage disk space regardless of the number of users.
Aside from the highlighted features, the Thecus N7510 7-Bay NAS also supports Recycle Bin, Web Disk via module, Web Server via module, ISO Mount, User/System Module, and IP Cam Surveillance of up to 5 IP cameras
Thecus N7510 NAS Specifications
- Processor: Intel® Atom™ Processor
- System Memory: 2GB DDR3
- LAN Interface (PCI-e): RJ-45×2: 10/100/1000 BASE-TX Auto MDI/MDI-X, WOL supported
- USB Interface: USB 2.0 host port x4 (back x4), USB 3.0 host port x2 (front x2)
- LCM Module: LCM display, 4 buttons (ENTER, ESC, UP, DOWN)
- SATA DOM: 1GB
- HDMI Output: HDMI port (back x1)
- VGA Output: VGA port (back x1)
- Audio: MIC input, Line input, Audio output
- Disk Interface: 7x SATA for internal, 1x eSATA for external
- Power Supply: 300W Power Supply
- Thermal/Fan control: Thermal sensor on processor temperature, System FAN speed controlled by temperature
- System Clock: Battery-backed up system clock
- Power Management: Auto power on after shutdown due to power loss
- Buzzer: Adjustable frequency alarm
- Buttons: Power button, LCM button
- Environment: Temperature: 5°C to 40°C, Humidity: 0 ~ 80 % R.H. (Non-condensing)
- Chassis: Tower Metal Chassis
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 320mm x 210mm x 270mm
- Certificates: CE/FCC/C-Tick/VCCI/BSMI, RoHS, WEEE, VMware, Citrix
Price and Where to Buy
Although Thecus has already announced its availability, I could not find an online store that already sells this product. Pricing was not disclosed also.
I’ll try to update this post once I have more information regarding the availability and price of the Thecus N7510 7-Bay NAS.
Meanwhile you might be interested in other Enterprise solutions like the Thecus N7700 5TB Enterprise Edition or the Thecus N7700 PRO V2 -N7700 PRO v2 7Bay SATA eSATA Core2Duo 4GB DDR2 RAID 300W NAS