Western Digital or WD has recently further expanded its enterprise-class storage lineup and released two new 3.5-inch nearline drives provide leading capacity, highest reliability for 24×7, 100% duty cycle operating environments; the WD RE SAS and WD RE SATA hard drives with capacities up to 4TB each.
Image credit: Western Digital’s Official site wdc.com
For nearline WD RE SAS it is available immediately in 1 TB, 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB capacities while the WD RE SATA is available in 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB. The 3.5-inch WD RE SAS and WD RE SATA hard drives offer the powerful combination of enterprise-class features and superior capacity to meet the growing demands of conventional business-critical environments as well as the high-capacity and performance requirements of cloud and scale-out computing.
WD RE SAS and SATA Product Features
- Dual port, full duplex connectivity: Ideal for leading business-critical enterprise topologies.
- 1.4M hours MTBF / 1.2M hours MTBF: Provides the highest level of reliability for 24×7 and up to 100% duty applications, for the WD RE SAS and SATA, respectively.
- Planet friendly: RoHS compliant, halogen reduced components.
- NoTouch™ ramp load technology: Recording heads never touch the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to recording heads and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Dual Stage Actuation (DSA) and Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF™): Best in class operation and performance when drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis.
- Highest Capacity: Perfect for maximum capacity enterprise storage solutions, such as scale out, cloud storage, RAID arrays, and NAS; a massive 2.4 PB of available storage (with 10 4U, 60 bay enclosures).
- Highest Reliability: 5-disk platform, 800 GB per platter, SAS-interface, 6 Gb/sec transfer rates built for high performance 24×7.
Western Digital RE SAS Specifications
Western Digital RE SATA Specifications
Price and Availability
Both the WD RE SAS and WD RE SATA hard drives are available through select retailers and are distributed by EA Global Supply Chain Solutions, Inc. and Iontech Technologies Inc. in the Philippines. Locally, the WD RE SAS 4TB enterprise HDD (Model: WD4000FYYZ) has an MSRP of Php24,725.
You can also check the price and availability on Amazon here