ZTE Light Tab 2 V9A now Available in Philippines for Php 15,490
The ZTE Light Tab 2 V9A is now available in the Philippines’ local retail outlets. This was confirmed by the newly appointed distributor of ZTE. The Light Tab 2 V9A is a 7-inch tablet that runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is powered by a 1.4GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon processor and Andreno 205 GPU.
The ZTE Light Tab 2 has 4GB of internal storage and has an external microSD slot that supports up to 32GB. It weighs around 402 grams and has a battery life of around 5.5 hours. It has a 3 megapixel rear facing camera and a VGA front facing camera. It’s pre-installed with popular apps like YouTube and Google Talk.
It has an FM radio functionality and operates on GSM, UMTS and HSPA network. The ZTE Light Tab 2 V9A is available in more than 30 countries around the world. In the Philippines this tablet has an SRP of Php 15,490. See complete specs below.
ZTE Light Tab 2 V9A Specifications
- Dimensions: 202 x 122 x 12.6 mm, 389 grams
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900MHz, HSDPA/UMTS 900/2100MHz or 850/1900MHz, HSDPA 14.4MBPS, HSUPA 7.2MBPS
- Operating System: Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon
- GPU: Adreno 205
- Display: 7.0 inches (~170 ppi pixel density), LCD capacitive touchscreen, 600 x 1024 pixels
- Memory: 4 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM, 4 GB microSD pre-installed, supports up to 32GB
- Camera: 3 megapixel rear Camera, VGA Front Camera
- Built in Dolby Mobile Sound Technology
- Document viewer, YouTube, Google Talk, Picasa integration, Google Search, Maps, Gmail, SNS integration, FM radio, with A-GPS support,
- Battery: Li-Ion 3400 mAh, 7 hours Talk time, 300h Standby
The ZTE Light Tab 2 V9A is dubbed as the “most affordable 7-inch tablet with Dolby Sound Technology” by the company. But my question is, how will the Light Tab 2 fare with Google’s Nexus 7 Tablet that offers remarkable specifications, runs on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and is also an affordable tablet for only $199 or just around Php8,500? And how can it compete with other popular tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7-inch series that have similar specifications with the Light Tab 2?