The ZTE Skate 4.3 is now available in Philippines after its successful global roll out in Brazil, Spain, U.K. France, Malaysia, Indonesia, China and in the United States. The ZTE Skate 4.3 features a 4.3-inch capacitive display, runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS and is powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm processor.
The ZTE Skate 4.3 also features a slim body with 11.35mm thickness and weighs 148 grams. According to James Chen, President of ZTE Philippines; ” “We at ZTE are extremely enthusiastic about the launch of the Skate smartphone in the Philippines,” “The Skate is a building block upon the success of our Blade model and is an important step forward for ZTE’s entry into the middle-to-high end smartphone market.”
The ZTE Skate 4.3 is expected to follow the footsteps and success of ZTE Blade, the company’s flagship smartphone which was launched last year. The Skate 4.3 has an SRP of Php13,990 in the Philippines. Check out the Skate 4.3′s specs below:
ZTE Skate 4.3 Specifications
- Dimensions: 125.9 x 67.8 x 10.4 mm, 120g
- Operating System: Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Processor: 1 GHz Single Core Qualcomm
- Display: 4.3-inch TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 480 x 800 pixels (~217 ppi pixel density)
- Memory: 512MB NAND+512MB DDR SDRAM, 4GB Micro SD Pre-installed support up to 32GB
- Camera: 5 megapixel rear camera
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 900/1800/1900MHz, HSDPA/UMTS 900/2100MHz or 850/1900MHz, HSDPA 14.4MBPS, HSUPA 7.2MBPS
- SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM, SNS integration, Organizer, Voice memo
- Battery: Li-Ion 1400 mAh, 288 hours Standby, 5 hours Talk Time
The ZTE Skate 4.3 looks like a promising smartphone. But why is it running on Gingerbread only? It could have been better if it was running on Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box.