10 Best PS Vita Games: Highly Recommended!
Published on April 18th, 2012
Playstation Vita or PS Vita is out. Ready to lock and load your PS Vita with these 10 Best PS Vita games? I’m sure you want to experience a new kind of gaming experience. And these PS Vita games can help you experience that. This top 10 PS Vita games comes in no particular order.
Resistance: Burning Skies
This is a first person shooter game developed by Nihilistic Software and to be published by Sony Computer Entertainment.
Resistance: Burning Skies features the following:
- The first ever touch-screen First-Person Shooter on PlayStation Handheld – developed to showcase the functions of PlayStation Vita
- Featuring a frenetic campaign mode
- A brand-new hero character, FDNY firefighter Tom Riley
- A familiar arsenal of weapons from previous Resistance games, plus new weapons like a new Chimeran sniper rifle and a fireman’s axe
- A social networking feature that links players and non-players into a vast worldwide Resistance community
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
This is the first Uncharted game to be in portable console format, and is the fourth entry in the series. This game was developed by SCE Bend Studio and overseen by Nauthy Dog.
Uncharted: Golden Abyss Features the following:
- Versatile gameplay for the Uncharted fan: Traditional (Dualstick Analog/button) or interactive (NGP features) allows players to choose the method that compliments their playing style.
- Through utilizing the technology of the OLED screen, Uncharted: Golden Abyss delivers the signature Uncharted cinematic experience on-the-go.
- Epic single player campaign that takes players through richly detailed realistic environments and undiscovered lands.
- Experience the adventure of uniquely acrobatic Uncharted gameplay, optimized with PlayStation Vita controls
- Touch, and tap the screen to swing, jump, and traverse non-continuous game sections, like crumbling bridges and river crossings
- Puzzle solve as you collect the relics hidden throughout the game
- Rub the screen to take important imprints of in-game relics found
- Utilize the motion-sensing controls of the PS Vita’s internal gyroscope to balance Drake as he crosses slippery logs, and as an aiming method in shooting situations
Shao Kahn has finally defeated Raiden and his friends. For Raiden to defeated Shao Kahn and save Earthrealm, he must go back to Shao Kahn’s past.
Mortal Kombat Features the following:
- The same quality Mortal Kombat gaming experience found in the 2011 console version of the game, now made portable at 60 frames per second through PS Vita
- New features and content exclusively for the PS Vita System, such as touchscreen fatalities and a balancing gameplay mechanic using PS Vita’s accelerometer
- New play modes including a new Challenge Tower mode, and Test Your Slice and Test Your Might modes
- An extensive lineup of iconic warriors, and DLC previously for the console versions of the game
- Two-player support in ad hoc or Wi-Fi matches
This is a third person shooter game developed by Zipper Interactive. The Unit 13 gameplay is similar to the SOCOM franchise.
Unit 13 features the following:
- Immersive and intuitive shooter controls with dual analog sticks and front and rear touch pads
- Select from six unique military operatives and take on 45 missions, competing against friends and the world for high scores
- Play solo or cooperatively with a friend over Wi-Fi
- Conquer unique daily challenges and compete for high scores
- Stay connected with 3G, Wi-Fi and NEAR for rankings updates, mission unlocks and more
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
This is a crossover fighting game by Capcom. This is the updated version of MVC 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 features the following:
- Go to battle with the ultimate roster of 50 Capcom and Marvel heroes and villains, including every character from the original game and 12 new fighters
- PS Vita specific touch controls allow for the option of unleashing simplified attacks by simply tapping the screen, or a standard control scheme
- Explore eight new over-the-top stages that will put your fighting skills to the test
- Newly rebalanced gameplay provides more depth and accessibility for both newcomers and experienced gamers
- Enjoy new modes and enhancements, including the fan-requested Spectator mode and the Heroes and Heralds mode during the online experience
- Enjoy new modes and enhancements, including the fan-requested Spectator mode during the online experience
- Fight as Capcom’s Strider and Firebrand, as well as Marvel’s Ghost Rider and Hawkeye
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
This is a remake of Ninja Gaiden Sigma for PS Vita. This version features Hero mode and also a new costume for Ryu.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus features the following:
- Using the new and exciting hardware possibilities that PlayStation Vita offers, players can tap the rear touch pad to strengthen their Ninpo, move the PlayStation Vita system around to aim the bow, and much, much more.
- The new Hero play style allows players new to the series to overcome the toughest of trials. With auto-support functions and unlimited Ninpo in tight situations, this play style will allow any player to feel like a Hero!
- Tons of missions that will challenge even the toughest ninja. Players can hone their combat prowess in the largest selection of missions Ninja Gaiden has yet to offer!
This game is one of the most popular todate. This is also known as Gravity Daze in Japan. The character can fly through the air, walk on walls and throw some gravity kick attacks at the enemies. This game is directed by Keiichiro Toyama.
Gravity Rush also boasts some role-playing game elements, such as leveling up, side quests, optional villains to fight, and large worlds to explore. Throughout the game, Kat (main character) acquires new abilities, such as a gravity strike, and the power to move objects around.
This game is developed and published by Ubisoft and is available in other gaming platforms as well. Rayman Origins is a side-scrolling platformer, the same style as the original Rayman game. Players can choose to control either Rayman, Globox or two Teensies, with additional costumes available as the game progresses.
Rayman Origins features the following:
- A Vast Playground – Rayman Origins includes over 60 levels of 2D platforming gameplay designed for all ages and playing styles.
- Variety of Gameplay – Rayman, Globox and the Teensies gain unique abilities as they progress through the adventure, including swimming, diving and the sensational “HairlyCopter.”
- Epic Boss Fights – A giant pink monster with hundreds of eyes. A possessed, mountainous golem. An evil daisy-cum-carnivorous plant. Rayman Origins will put players to the test with these and many more challenging boss battles!
- Rebirth of a Platforming Legend – Rayman Origins brings back many of the classic characters, revived in their original 2D form, as well as a whole new world of characters and environments.
- Unique Approach to 2D Art – A rich world with over 100 characters and 6 unique worlds created by some of the most reputed artists and animators.
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
The very first Multiplayer Silent Hill – survive horrific nightmare worlds with your friends in a terrifying co-op experience. In this game you can create and customize your own main character. This game features a legion of classic creatures from throughout Silent Hill’s history.
Dynasty Warriors NEXT
You will see familiar characters from Dynasty Warrios 7 Xtreme Legends, which this game is based from. This is one of a heck hack and slash game.
Dynasty Warriors NEXT features the following:
- Fusion of simple button controls with intuitive touch controls: Intuitive action and tactical aspects made possible by the PS Vita’s features, such as multi-touch screen, rear touch panel, sensor (6 axis detection).
- Immersive cinematic action: Experience intuitive interaction with the game’s world via the touch controls! Feel a sense of unity with the game’s world via sensor controls!
- Communication enhanced by local play and GPS: In Conquest Mode, one of the game’s main modes, players can connect with each other and use GPS-related positioning info to enjoy continuously evolving social interaction.
© 2019 Whatswithjeff - Tech News and Reviews
Back to Top ↑