AMD Radeon HD 7770 Benchmarked with Intel Core i5 3550K
Published on January 2nd, 2012
The AMD Radeon HD 7770 graphics card and the Intel Core i5 3550K are one of the most awaited graphics card and processor which is expected to be released sometime this 2012. Prior to its official release date, the AMD Radeon HD 7770 and Intel Core i5 3550K (Ivy Bridge) was already benchmarked.
- AMD Radeon HD7770 3DMark 11 (Performance Preset) Benchmark – P3421 (3138 Graphics Score) (Stock @ 1Ghz)
- AMD Radeon HD7770 3DMark 11 (Extreme Preset) Benchmark – X1077 (965 Graphics Score) (Stock @ 1Ghz)
- Intel Core i5 3550K 3DMark06 Benchmark – 6390
- Both the AMD Radeon HD 7770 and Intel Core i5 3550K yields a total score of 18143 in 3DMark06
Based on the results above, the AMD Radeon HD7770 is definitely faster than GTX 550 Ti and AMD Radeon HD 6790. But it is just under AMD Radeon HD 6850.
Below are some features that we are expecting from the AMD Radeon HD 7770:
- Cape Verde Chip
- 896 Stream Processors or 14 CUs
- DirectX11.1 and PCIe 3.0 compatible
- Based on GCN Core architecture
- Single 6-pin PCIe connector (power source)
- TDP or Thermal Design Power could be 90W-100W
- Might support 2GB of GDDR5 memory
- 128-bit memory interface
- Core Clock at 1.125GHz
The AMD Radeon HD 7770 specifications above is but just a sneak preview of what we are to expect when it is officially released. Meanwhile the AMD Radeon HD7770 price is expected to be around $150 USD and will most probably be released by February 2012.
The Intel Core i5 3550K (Ivy Bridge), on the other hand, is the successor of the famous Intel Core i5 2500K. The Intel Core i5 3550K seats somewhere above the Intel Core i5 2500K and AMD FX-8150. But because the Intel Core i5 3550K does not have HyperThreading feature, it falls behind the Intel Core i7 2600K.
The Intel Core i5 3550K price might probably be around $200 USD or more and is expected to be released in April 2012.