aPad, ePad, iRobot an alternative to Apple’s iPad?
Published on December 1st, 2010
Yesterday my officemate ask me if I know about aPad or ePad. I ask her “what’s that? Another fake version, made in china apple iPad?”. She replied YES and she was telling me I could get it waaay cheaper compared to an iPad.
So what are these aPad, ePad and iRobot gadgets?
These are the common and the usual specifications and features that you can get from an aPad/ePad/iRobot:
- Operating System: Google Android
- Processor : Flytouch, Rockhip and much more variations
- 7 inch HD LCD screen, 800 x 480 Touch screen with icon or menu drag features
- RAM: 256DDR2
- Display: 7″ 4:3 wide screen 800*480 high-brightness TFT LCD
- Touch Control: Full size touch operation, Sliding menu, Functional icon dragging
- Storage: 2GB (up to 32GB external)
- Orientation Sensor: automatic steering display screen
- LAN:802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED network
- Stereo speakers device, Built-in microphone
- Support micro SD card (maximum: 32GB)
- Camera: 0.3 mega pixels digicam
- Weight: 0.16kg include battery, super slim design.
- WIFI ready
- 3G Broadband Compatible
- 0.3 Megapixels Built in Cam
- Office word processing, document to Go(Word, Excel, PPT, PDF)
- Web browsing: Google chrome-lite Browser UCWEB Browser.
- Communication Sofware: Twitter,Facebook, Tumblr, meebo and IM +, MSN droid, skype
- Automatic screen rotation
- Clock: desktop tools, Analog Clock, Support change skin.
- External 3G module (WCDMA/TDSCDMA/EVDO) VIA USB port.
- Goolge Map
- Support Fring, SkypeOut, QQ, MSN, Gtalk.
- Wallpaper auto change
- Games download via internet. Apps download via Android market.
- Audio in/out put.
- Languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Duct, English, Espanol, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmal, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese(Traditional), Chinese (Simplify)
These are just common features, usually they are just the same and with minimal differences. What is not clear to me is that price range of these gadgets vary. You can get them for a cheap price of around Php4,000-Php5,000 ($100-$120) only. Also some are priced at around Php10,000-Php15,000 ($200-$300). This is very confusing, does that mean that the cheaper ones are the clones of cloned version, that is why they are VERY cheap?
Indeed, aPad/ePad/iRobot can be a cheap substitute to the original iPads or Galaxy Tabs. And this gadgets could kill the original ones, like pirated DVDs killing the music and movie industry.
Watch the demos of an aPad/ePad/iRobot below: