ASRock FataL1ty X79 Professional Unleashed! See features, specs and price
Published on February 25th, 2012
ASRock has unleashed its latest motherboard for the Intel Sandy Bridge-E Platform, the ASRock FataL1ty X79 Professional motherboard. Reports are saying that Intel runs short on the supply of Intel Core i7-3930K, nevertheless, it did not stop ASRock from unleashing its monster board.
Compared to its predecessors, the ASRock FataL1ty X79 Professional is the most feature rich board that targets gamers and PC enthusiasts. Some of these features are the following:
- Digi Power Design, 16 + 2 Power Phase Design
- Premium Gold Caps (2.5 x longer life time), 100% Japan-made high-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Supports Quad Channel DDR3 2600+(OC)
- 4 x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots, supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX™ , NVIDIA® 4-Way SLI™, Configurable in x16/x8/x16 or x16/x8/x8/x8 mode
- 8 x USB 3.0 (4 Front, 4 Back), 6 x SATA3, 1 x Fatal1ty Mouse Port (USB 2.0)
- Dr. Debug, Smart Swith Design: Power/Reset/Clear CMOS Switch with LED
- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC898 Audio Codec), Supports THX TruStudio™
- Supports Fatal1ty F-Stream, Graphical UEFI, UEFI System Browser, APP Charger, SmartView
- Supports Fatal1ty XFast USB, XFast RAM, XFast LAN, XFast Charger
- Comes with a Free Bundle of 1 x Front USB 3.0 Panel, CyberLink MediaEspresso 6.5 Trial, MAGIX Multimedia Suite
ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional Specifications
[table id=24 /]
As you can see, the specs of the Fatal1ty X79 Professional is quite good, and it looks good too. But the problem here is probably its price. According to reports, the ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional is priced at around $330-$350 USD.
Is it worth investing on Intel Sandy Bridge-E platforms (just like the time when LGA1366 was around) since Ivy Bridge is about to come out soon? In the end it’s a matter of personal preference and the capacity of one person to spend on his PC hardware.