First look at Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX Pictures and Specs
Published on May 19th, 2011
Finally, Asus upcoming socket AM3+ high end motherboard, The Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX gets pictured.
In my previous post, Asus Socket AM3+ M5A Series Motherboard Lineup, we already knew that the TUF Sabertooth 990FX is coming, we just don’t have pictures of the said motherboard yet.
After the revelations of Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula, now we have a clear picture of what the Sabertooth 990FX will look like. As expected, the Sabertooth 990XF socket AM3+ will carry the military color scheme of the The Ultimate Force motherboards. This motherboards are said to be built with military grade components.
The TUF Sabertooth 990FX has four PCI-Express 2.0 and can hold up to four graphics card, configurable as x16/x4/x8/x8 or x16/x4/x16/NC or depending on how they are configured.
There are tons of unique features that the Sabertooth 990FX has to offer. for the complete list of it specifications and features check out the spec sheet below.
Asus TUF Sabertooth 990FX Specifications:
- CPU:AMD FX Series (Zambezi Processors), Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100
- Socket: AMD Socket AM3+
- Chipset: AMD 990FX/SB950
- Memory: DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz
- Power Phase Design: DIGI+ VRM 8+2
- 3+1 PCIE Express Slots
- Single @ x16, dual @ x16/x16, triple @ x16/x16/x8, black @x4 speeds
- Multi GPU Support: CrossFireX/SLI Support
- 6 SATA 6Gbps, 2 SATA 3Gbps, 1 Power eSATA, 1 eSATA
- LAN: Realtek Gigabit LAN
- Audio: 8-ch HD
- 2 IEEE 1394
- 4 x USB 3.0, 14 X USB 2.0
- Dual Intelligent Processors 2 w/ DIGI+ VRM
- Ultimate Cool Thermal Solution
- TUF CeraM!X Heatsink Coating Technology
- TUF Thermal Radar
- TUF Engine Power Design – Military grade components
- 8+2 Digital Phase POwer Design
- TUF Components Alloy choke, capacitors and MOSFETs
- Asus DIGI+ VRM Utility
- Safe and Stable! Guardian Angel
- Efficient Switching Power Design
- Anti Surge
It would be better if the TUF Sabertooth 990FX would have a sound card like the Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula.