Cougar Archon Mid Tower Gaming Case Released!
Published on May 29th, 2013
Cougar, manufacturer of German designed computer chassis and PSUs, recently released a new full featured mid tower gaming PC case, the Cougar Archon. The Archon features a simple design yet is built with enough expansion capability, windows, grills and highlighted with orange interior. Check out more details and its specification from the press release below.
Cougar Archon Features
- Game-style looking interior black-orange coating
- Support for 5 fans: Rear 120mm fan x 1(pre-installed), Front 120mm fans x 2 (optional) and Side 120mm fans x 2 (optional)
- Advanced USB3.0 ports for maximum data transfer speed
- Acrylic transparent side cover design
- Support for longer high-end graphics cards up to 310mm
- Screw-less mechanisms on 5.25″devices
- 2.5″HDD/SSD trays x 3 ; 3.5″HDD trays x 3
- Easy-clean detachable air filters on the front & bottom cover
- 7 PCI vented slots provide flexibility and ventilation performance for multiple graphics cards solutions
- Cable feedthrough on the MB tray for easy routing and hiding cables
- Holes x 2 on the rear panel for water cooling solutions (with rubber protection)
- Installation opening on the MB tray for easy upgrade CPU cooler
The Cougar Archon case with dimensions of 195(W) x 430(H) x 480(D) is a middle tower that has been space optimized to accept longer high-end gaming graphics cards of up to 310mm. The ARCHON can take up to 8 drives or drive bay accessories in total. Included are three 2.5″HDD/SSD trays and three 3.5″HDD trays plus 2 tool-less external 5.25” drive bays. The 7 PCI vented slots provide flexibility and ventilation performance for multiple graphics cards.
The ARCHON mid-tower includes a side grill for cooling and an acrylic transparent window to see internal components and the orange black internal color scheme. The cable feed through on the motherboard tray allow for easy routing and cable management. With the cables hidden behind the motherboard tray, air flows more easily through the case, improving overall cooling. The easy-clean detachable air filters on the front & bottom cover also help keep things looking neat. There is a large CPU cooler cutout on the motherboard tray to help if you decide to change your CPU cooler.
The COUGAR ARCHON case includes air and water cooling features. It has support for 5 fans: Rear 120mm fan x 1 (pre-installed), Front 120mm fans x 2 (optional), Side 120mm fans x 2 (optional). There are two rubber protected holes on the rear panel for water cooling tube routing. The front I/O panel includes one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, and HD audio connections.
Cougar Archon Specifications
Case Type: Middle Tower
Motherboard Type: Micro ATX / ATX
5.25″ Drive Bay: 2
3.5″ Drive Bay: 3 (HDD tray)
2.5″ Drive Bay: 3 (HDD / SSD tray)
5. 25″ screwless: 2
I/O Panel: USB 3.0 x1 / USB 2.0 x1 / HD audio
Max Installed: 5pcs Fans
Front: 120mm x 2
Side: 120mm x 2
Rear: 120mm x 1 (Pre-installed)
Max. Graphic cards length: 310 mm
Max. CPU cooler height: 165mm
Expansion Slots: 7
Side cover: Arclic transparent
Power Supply: Standard ATX PS2 (optional)
Cougar Archon Image Gallery
Cougar Archon Price and Availability
As of to date, official pricing or Suggested Retail Price for the Courgar Archon it yet to be disclosed. But I’ll update this post once online prices or local prices and availability are known.