A little introduction, Ainol Novo 7 Paladin and Ainol Novo 7 Basic are some of the cheapest Android tablets currently in the market, manufactured by a China-based company Ainol. Both these Android tablet runs on the latest Android v4.0.1 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System.
You probably stumble into this page looking for an update for your Ainol Novo 7 Basic or Ainol Novo 7 Paladin that still runs on Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.1. From this page, you can download the update file from v4.0.1 to ICS 4.0.3.
Why update? Since the ICS v4.0.1 is new, it’s no surprise that it comes with some issues. Some known issues are fluctuating/choppy WiFi connection, HTML5 problem and some apps does not install or are not compatible.
The Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 seeks to solve some of the known issues mentioned above. Below are the download links to the said updates.
Note: I personally have not tested the said updates for Novo 7 Basic and Novo 7 Paladin. I do not now if they will work on your tablet. Try these updates at your own risk!
For Ainol Novo 7 Basic:
Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Basic here
For Ainol Novo 7 Paladin:
Download Android ICS 4.0.3 update Knight here
The download page are in Simple Chinese characters. If you do not understand Chinese, see the image below.
Android v4.0.1 to v4.0.3 upgrade instructions:
1. Download the corresponding file above that matched to your unit.
2. Rename the file to update.zip
3. Copy the update.zip to the SD card of your Ainol Novo 7 Basic/Paladin tablet
4. Turn off or shutdown the device
5. Insert the card that contains the file update.zip
6. Turn on the tablet by pressing Volume + and Power button together.
7. Update process should begin
8. After the update process it will reboot, and your done!