What makes the ECS X79R-AX Black Series LGA2011 kick-ass?
Published on September 17th, 2011
ECS X79R-AX Black Series LGA2011 Motherboard Specifications and Price
ECS was not very popular in terms of high end motherboard, unlike Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA and others. But this time ECS has revealed their solution for the upcoming Intel Sandy Bridge-E Socket LGA2011 platform, called the ECS X79R-AX Black Series.
The X79R-AX will be ECS’ high end motherboard for the LGA-2011 featuring Intel’s latest X79 Express PCH. The ECS X79R-AX is said to have tons of features built in it that could handle Intel’s high end desktop platforms.
Below is a list of kick ass features and ECS X79R-AX specifications:
- The X79R-AX carries the white, gray and black color scheme of ECS
- It’s a premium motherboard that why it belongs to ECS’ Black Series
- X79R-AX socket is powered by 14 phase VRM
- It has seven sets of Driver-MOSFETs
- Chokes are present in both sides of the board
- It has 4x DDR3 DIMM slots, two on the left and two on the right. This is the new motherboard layout for the LGA2011 platform
- Has 64-bit wide date path for each Memory
- Supports up to 32GB of DDR3
- Capable of DDR3 speeds up to 2400MHz (through OC)
- A 4-phase VRM powers the memory slots
- 4x PCI Express x16 slots distributed evenly
- 4-way SLI and CrossfireX ready
- The slots are driven by 40 lane PCIe controller integrated inside Sandy Bridge-E processors
- Slots can be configured as x16/NC/x16/NC, x8/x8/x8/x8 or x16/NC/x8/x8
- Has 2x PCI-Express 2.0 x1
- The ECS X79R-AX features 8x SATA 6Gbps, 4x SATA 3Gbps and 2x eSATA
- A total of 6x USB 3.0 ports
- Bluetooth radio transmitter (looks like a USB Wireless N dongle)
- 8-channel HD audio with TOSLINK SPDIF
- 2x gigabit Ethernet connections, (like the one you see in Asus ROG motherboards)
- A 6mm thick heat pipe connects the CPU VRM and PCH heatsinks
- LED display for diagnostic POST codes
- clear-CMOS button located in the rear panel
- The ECS X79R-AX features a highly layered PCB which lowers EMI emissions
- A total of 7 pin fan headers
- The X79R-AX will most probably have UEFI BIOS
These are just the few kick-ass features and specifications that we know so far about ECS X79R-AX Black series motherboard. ECS X79R-AX release date is reported to be launched sometime in November 2011. Price for X79R-AX was not disclosed yet. Although we are expecting it to be cheaper compared to Asus’ LGA2011 motherboard lineup.