Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Release Date Delayed? Why?
Published on December 7th, 2011
A lot of people are asking me when is Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 release date? In my previous post entitled “Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Specifications, Price and Release Date“, I mentioned that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 was first introduced in IFA 2011. Specification for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 were revealed but the price and release date were not disclosed at all. So what happened to this model? Will Samsung continue this unit?
To answer those questions, I did some “Google-ing”. I stumble into Samsung’s official site for Galaxy Tab 7.7. This product is very real and will most likely be rolled out in the market. So the question if “will Samsung still continue the Galaxy Tab 7.7?” is already crushed out.
The frequently asked question regarding this product is when would be its release date. This time I stumble into Engadget’s article posted last November 22, 2011 informing its readers that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 visited the FCC (Federal Communication Commission) again. Samsung has to clarify some points and specifications regarding this model because it was closely identical to the WiFi model. But Engadget is still to confirm whether the Galaxy Tab 7.7 will be release on USA.
Now to give you more preview regarding Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7, below are some of its features and full specifications.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 features:
- Features Samsung’s Super AMOLED Plus with a 7.7″ WXGA display
- Features metal design, slim body of only 7.89mm and weighs 340g
- Features 1.4GHz dual core processor
- Features HSPA+ 21Mps to WiFi Channel Bonding, WiFi 72.2Mbps and WiFi channel Bonding 150Mbps
- Features Android 3.2 Honeycomb Platform and TouchWiz UX
- Samsung Hubs like Readers Hub, Social Hub, Music Hub, Game Hub
- Features Full HD Player, multi codec supported
- Rich Internet Browing with Adobe Flash player support, and much much more
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 Specifications:
- Operating System: Android 3.2 Honeycomb with Samsung TouchWiz UX
- Size: 196.7mm x 133mm x 7.89mm
- Weight: 340g
- Display: 7.7″ SUPER AMOLED Plus (1280×800 WXGA, 197ppi) with 4-way rotation
- Network: HSPA +21 850/900/1900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Dual-band support (2.4GHz, 5GHz), 802.11n Wi-Fi Channel Bonding Wi-Fi Direct™, Allshare
- Bluetooth: v3.0, USB 2.0 Host
- Memory: 1GB (RAM), Comes in 16GB/32GB/64GB (ROM) +microSD up to 32GB
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual core processor
- Back Camera: 3 megapixel camera autofocus with LED flash
- Front Camera: 2 megapixel camera
- Video: Full HD video playback (1080p)@30fps, Video codec : MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX, Xvid
- Audio: Formats : MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, apt-X(BT codec), Dual speakers
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Digital Compass, Proximity
- Input/Output: 30-pin dock connect or port, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, Built-in speaker, Microphone
- Location: A-GPS & GLONASS
- Battery: Built-in 5,100mAh battery
Meanwhile, Samsung has also improved some of its older models, upgraded them and re-branded them, like the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus Reloaded. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus now features a 1.2GHz dual core processor, Android Honeycomb 3.2 platform and much much more. This make the Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus way even better than Samsung’s first Galaxy Tab 7.0.
Click here to learn more about Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus price, specifications and availability.