Thermaltake Toughest ToughPower 1350W PSU
Published on December 27th, 2010
If you are into gaming, overclocking and who puts a lot of stress on you computer then you definitely need to see this. Today, graphic cards are getting stronger and more power hungrier. If you plan to have a GTX 580 SLI setup or even a 3-way SLI, or a Radeon HD 6870 setup 3-way crossfire setup then you typical high end 1000W+ PSU may be stressed out easily. This new power supply will definitely get the job done.
Thermaltake has just launched their new Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W PSU (TP-1350AH3CCS). This is an addition to Thermaltake’s Toughpower series and by far the toughest ever. Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W is 80plus silver certified with up to 91% efficiency giving you a more efficient power usage. Thermaltake’s TP 1350W has 8 PCI-E connectors making it a better choice for all current multi-GPU setups ranging from NVIDIA 3-Way/4-Way SLI to AMD CrossFireX configurations.
“The additional double-forward switching circuitry provides highest reliability by reducing power loss considerably, while the DC-DC converter further increases highest efficiency levels. The Toughpower 1350W maintains an ultra tight DC regulation thereby supporting the C6 CPU mode and hybrid graphics card power saving mode through its ZERO LOAD (0W) design.”
“The dual+12V rail design allows excellent performance under all types of system loading, in combination with 100% 105 ℃ / 212 ℉ Japanese electrolytic and solid state capacitors allow for decisively improved over-clocking performance, longer life time and increased reliability as well as stability even under higher operating temperatures, frequencies and currents. An 8pin CPU and a 4+4pin CPU connectors enable support for dual CPU gaming and mission-critical server applications. Cool performance and quiet operation is provided for by the ultra silent 14 cm fan with an automatic intelligent fan speed control.”
“Built-in industrial grade protection circuitries to protect the power supply from over current, over voltage, under voltage, over power, over temperature as well as short circuitry, make the Toughpower 1350W the safest choice of its kind.”
“In short, the Toughpower 1350W is guaranteed to deliver 1350W continuous power 24/7 @ 50 ℃ with up to 91% efficiency under real world load conditions in a multi-GPU setup. The Toughpower 1350 is designed for professional gamers with high demand of efficiency, stability and reliability.”
By the description of Thermaltake to their new PSU, there new Toughpower 1350W is really a remarkable one. Now let’s check out more on what Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W has to offer.
Here are features of the new PSU:
- Compliance with Intel ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.91 standards.
- 24 / 7 @ 50℃: Guaranteed to deliver 1350W continuous power.
- 80 PLUS Silver certified – with 87-91% efficiency @ 20-100% load under real world load conditions.
- Double-forward switching circuitry offers low power loss and high reliability.
- Unparalleled DC to DC converters for 3.3V and 5V outputs to reach high efficiency.
- Robust and dedicated dual +12V rails(60A for 12V1 & 12V2) design provides superior performance under all types of system loading.
- High quality 105°C Japanese capacitors: ensure superb performance and reliability.
- 105°C Solid state capacitors: great stability at higher operating temperatures, frequencies and currents.
- Multi-GPU ready: 8 x PCI-E connectors support up to 4-way ATI CrossFireX and Nvidia SLI.
- Designed to support quad core, Core i7 and Core i5 CPUs.
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99 at 20%, 50% and 100% loading.
- Ultra-silent operation with intelligent 14cm cooling fan speed control.
- High reliability: MTBF>120,000 hours.
- Dimensions: 150mm(W)x86mm(H)x200mm(L).
- Built-in industry grade protections: Over Current, Over Voltage, Under Voltage, Over power, Over temperature and Short-Circuit protection.
- Safety / EMI Approvals: CE, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, GOST, and BSMI certified.
Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W Specifications:
Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W Connectors:
Output power specifications:
Toughpower 1350W PSU, the looks:
Thermaltake’s Toughpower 1350W is quite impressive. It is build for demanding and power hungry PC hardwares, built for the extremist and enthusiast. This will be on our local stores very soon. Let’s just see what the enthusiast and hardware reviewers has got to say to this “toughest” PSU.