Presenting the New Full Frame DSLR Canon EOS-1D X. See EOS-1D X Specs, price and release date
Canon has revealed it’s latest flagship in its Professional DSLR lineup, the Canon EOS-1D X. It is a full frame camera that boost an 18MP sensor and is expected to features top of the line specifications.
The Canon EOS-1D X is the successor of EOS 1D Mark IV and EOS-1Ds Mark III, and is said to be “the integration on the EOS 1D and 1DS product line”. Let’s check out the highlights of this upcoming DSLR.
Canon EOS-1D X Features
- 18.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor (Full Frame)
- Built with new Dual DIGIC 5+ processor
- Greatly expanded low-light sensitivity
- 61-point high density reticular AF system with 41 cross-type AD points and f/4.0 lens support
- Simplified Autofocus configuration
- Capable of 12 frames per second continuous shooting (14 fps in Super high speed mode)
- Carbon Fibre Shutter Blades tested up to 400,000 cycles.
- Dust Proof and Drip Proof magnesium alloy body
- Intelligent Viewfinder with superimposed LCD display, and more
Click on the image for a larger view
When Westfall was ask “What’s the biggest improvement in Canon EOS-1D x?” They answered, the sensor. For them it’s a new level in terms of image quality. And this is one main feature professional photographers should definitely expected in the 1D X.
Another great improvement in the EOS-1D X is its shooting speed capacity. We are talking about “Full Frame” DSLR here. So far Canon offers 5fps on their current Full Frame capable camera. The EOS-1D X offers 12fps, meaning you get full frame quality images at higher speeds. Check out the EOS-1D X specifications below.
The Canon EOS-1D X will also have two new accessories, the (Wireless File Transmitter) WFT-E6 and GP-E1 GPS receiver. The Wireless File Transmitter or WFT-E6 offers an 802.11 transfer rate. While the GP-E1 GPS receiver includes an electronic compass and can Geotag images.
Canon EOS-1D X Specifications
Full specifications can be seen here.
Canon EOS-1D X Price
One of the frequently asked question on this topic is how much would this new 1D X cost? The Canon EOS-1D X price is estimated to be around $6,800 USD (body only). But this is still not confirmed yet. Currently EOS-1Ds Mark III is priced at around $6,999. Most probably it will be priced higher or if not, there will be a movement in the prices.
The Canon EOS-1D X release date is expected to be this coming March 2012 or in the first half of 2012 (Q1-Q2).
You might also be interested in the top 5 best selling DSLRs currently in the market. See them below. Each link will open in a new window.
1. Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens
2. Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
3. Nikon D7000 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
4. Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS II Lens and EOS HD Movie Mode (Black)
5. Nikon D5100 16.2MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens