Sony Xperia S Specifications, Price and Release Date in Philippines
Sony Xperia S is the first Sony (only) Android smartphone which was recently introduced in CES 2012. Sony and Ericsson split up in the mobile industry. The Sony Xperia S features a 720p HD (high definition) display, a dual core Snapdragon processor and a whooping 12 megapixel Exmor R camera.
What’s new and cool about the Sony Xperia S?
- It’s powered by a 1.5GHz dual core processor
- A whooping 12 megapixel camera able to take photos within 1.5 seconds
- It has HDMI connectivity
- Near Field Communication (NFC) ready
- A 4.3 inch High Definition Reality Display
- It has access to Sony Entertainment Network
- It is PlayStation Certified and more
- Just check out the Sony Xperia S specs below.
Sony Xperia S Specifications:
- Operating System: Android 2.3 Gingerbread (upgradable to v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich by Q2 2012)
- Display: 4.3-inch Reality Display @ 720p (1280×720 pixels)
- Rear Camera: 12MP Exmor R with 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 1.3MP front facing camera
- CPU: Snapdragon S3 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB internal storage
- External Storage: up to 32GB via microSD
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA
- Bluetooth 2.1
- NFC support
- HGPS w/ aGPS support
Sony Xperia S release date is expected to be in the first or second quarter of 2012. As for Sony Xperia S release date in Philippines it could be sometime around March 2012. But it’s too early to say.
The Sony Xperia S price was revealed recently. It is priced at around £389.99 to £467.99 or $600 to $710 USD. Sony Xperia S price in Philippines could be around Php 28,000 to Php 30,000.