Sony NEX Cameras, Sony’s next generation camera
Published on August 3rd, 2011
Sony NEX Cameras leaked and unveiled ahead of launch date
Sony will be releasing new Cameras and lenses later this month. Reports say that there will be two new Alpha models and two new NEX models to appear, including new lenses. Below is a (leaked) preview of what Sony is about to launch.
Sony is supposed to announce their latest NEX Camera models together with other cameras, lenses and peripherals this August 23 or 24. The highlight of the leak report is Sony’s new and updated version of Sony NEX-5, the NEX-5N.
Sony NEX-5N is said to feature new sensor, from 14.2 megapixel (of the current NEX-5) to 16.1 megapixels. Another highlight in Sony’s upcoming NEX Cameras is the NEX-7 which is said to be slightly larger than NEX-5N. Sony claims these NEX Cameras to be the world’s smallest camera with exchangeable lens and built-in viewfinder.
Sony has also two new models for their Alpha Series. The Sony A77 and A65. The A77 is expected to have a 24 megapixel sensor and a very fast auto focus. A77 is expected to be bundled with the new 16-50,, f/2.8 SSM lens. Sony A77 price is rumored to be around $1200-$1300 USD without the kit lens.
Sony A65 is the affordable model and features the same 24 megapixel sensor with A77 but has lesser frames per second capture capability.
Here’s a list of what we should expect in Sony’s announcement later this month.
- Sony 16-50mm f/2.8 SSM Lens
- Sony 50mm f/1.8 OSS Lens
- Sony 55-210mm f/4-6.3 with OSS Lens
- Sony NEX Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 Lens
- Sony Alpha A65 – features 24 megapixel but lesser fsp
- Sony Alpha A77 – features 24 megapixels and very fast auto focus and 11 cross-type AF points.
- Sony NEX-5N – features an external XGA resolution OLED viewfinder
- Sony NEX-7
- Sony NEX VG-20 video camera
- XGA external OLED viewfinder
- Sony LA-EA2 – translucent mirror adapter for some NEX Cameras. Improves auto fucos by making if focus faster at the expense of battery life.
- Sony Vertical Grip VG-C77AM