NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M Fastest Notebook GPU To Date
Published on June 29th, 2011
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M GPU in Alienware M18x holds record-breaking Gaming Performance
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M was launched yesterday by NVIDIA and it claims to be the world’s fastest graphics processing unit or GPU for notebook. The GeForce GTX 580M will be available in Alienware M18x and Alienware M17x notebooks.
According to Rene Haas, the general manager of notebook products at NVIDIA, GeForece GTX 580M has the best game support, best gaming features and the best gaming performance avaialable anywhere. It is the essence of the GeForce GTX 580M. The Geforce GTX 580M is said to outperform Radeon HD 6970M’s tesselation performance six times.
NVIDIA has released GeForce GTX 580M and Geforce GTX 570M in replacement for GTX 485M and GTX 470M. The GeForce GTX 570M promises a 20% increase in speed compared to GTX 470M. The GTX 570M will be available in MSI GT780R.
[table id=9 /]
Both NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M and GeForce GTX 570M will features the following:
- NVIDIA PhysX engine support, which brings games to life with realistic physics.
- NVIDIA SLI technology, which links two GTX GPUs for up to double your gaming performance.
- NVIDIA CUDA architecture support, for GPU computing applications.
- NVIDIA 3D Vision technology, the #1 3D experience for notebooks, which automatically converts over 525 titles into immersive 3D.
- NVIDIA Optimus technology, which enables extra-long battery life by automatically switching on and off the GPU so that it runs only when needed.
- NVIDIA 3DTV Play software, for connecting 3D Vision-based notebooks to 3D TVs.
- NVIDIA Verde notebook drivers, for frequent performance improvements and rock-solid stability.
Below are graphics showing GeForce GTX 580M and GeForce GTX 570M performance comparison:
Now that Laptops/Notebook are finally equipped with the proper battle gears (dual to quad core processors and high-end GPU like GTX 590M) to handle High Deifinition and demanding games like COD or Crysis, Would you go for Notebook or mobile gaming or Desktop gaming is still the best experience for you?