Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula Socket AM3+ Specifications Revealed
Published on May 7th, 2011
Asus has revealed one of their high-end motherboards for their socket AM3+ Bulldozer which will support AMD’s latest AMD Zambezi FX processors, the Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula. Crosshair V Formula is based on AMD 990FX and SB950 chipsets and will features cutting-edge technology from Asus.
Republic of Gamers Crosshair V Formula is built with bleeding-edge components that will make extreme overclocking possible. This also has an out of the box very high memory multipliers capable of setting your DDR3 mems to 2133MHz. Highlights of ROG Crosshair V Formula includes, 8+2 phase ExtremeDigi+ VRM, 3+1 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 capable of CrossFireX and 3-way SLI, 7 SATA 6Gbps, Asus Thunderbolt and many more.
Some selected models of this monster board will be luckily packed with Asus Thunderbolt, an add-on card that has Killer NIC Ethernet controller and SupremeFX X-Fi audio (headset amplifier) both in one card/PCB.
Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula Specifications:
- CPU: AMD Socket AM3+ for AMD FX Series CPU up tp 8-core
- Compatible with AMD Socket AM3 Sempron 100 series/Athlon II/Phenom II
- Chipset: AMD 990FX + SB950
- Memory: DDR3 2133(OC)/2000(OC)/1800(OC)/1600/1333/1066 MHz
- Power Phase Design: Extreme Engine Digi+ 8+2
- PCIx x16 Slots: 3 (Dual at x16 speed; Triple at x16/x8/x8), 1 at x4 speed
- Multi-GPU support: CrossFireX and SLI
- Storage: 7 x SATA 6Gbps, 1 Power eSATA 6Gbps
- LAN: Intel Gigabit LAN
- Audio: 8-ch HD, SupremeFX X-Fi 2
- USB: 6 x USB 3.0 (2 at front), 12 USB 2.0 (1 for ROG connect)
- Dual Intelligent Processors 2 with DIGI+ VRM
- ROG Thunderbolt (selected model)
- ROG Connect – GPU TweakIt
- ROG UEFI BIOS – Extreme Tweaker, BIOS Print, GPU.DIMM Post
- CPU Level Up
- Asus TurboV EVO
- Overcloacking Protection: COP-EX (Component Overhead Protection-EX), Voltiminder LED
Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula, together with TUF Sabertooth 990FX and other M5A series motherboards, will be available starting June 2011.