Asus Unleased a New Monster: ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II
Published on January 13th, 2011
A new monster card is being developed by Asus. NordicHardware has revealed to us some images of the new Asus Geforce GTX580 DirectCU II graphics card. This has not been showcased anywhere!
The Asus Geforce GTX 580 DirectCU II (or ENGTX580) is the custom version of the nVIDIA’s flagship GTX 580. This new monster card has a custom made circuit board resulting in a more powerful voltage compartment for the GF110 GPU.
This is an “out of the ordinary” graphic card and is expected to deliver promising results. It is also a “thick” card, triple slot design, and utilize a custom PCB on a 10 phase VRM, with 8 phase on the GPU and 2 phase on the memory.
Asus GTX580 DirectCU II has a unique cooling system, it has 5 copper heatpipes that is directly in contact with the GPU and has a dual 100mm fans on top of the large aluminum heatsink.
This card is expected to have factory overclocked speeds and has plenty of room for overclocking.
ASUS GeForce GTX 580 DirectCU II specifications:
- GF110 GPU
- 8 phase power supply for GPU
- 2 phase power supply for memory (1 draws from 8-pin and one from PCIe slot)
- More efficient power supply with more power per phase
- Highly efficient NEC power capacitor behind GPU
- Dual 8-pin power connectors
- DirectCU 2 cooler with 5 copper direct-contact heatpipes
- Dual 100x20mm fans for low noise
- Requires 3 expansion slots
- Dual DVI outputs, HDMI and DisplayPort
Because this is not yet presented in CES, the price and the date as to when will this card be launched is still unknown.