Google Nexus Prime Specifications, Price and Release Date
Published on September 19th, 2011
Google Nexus Prime is the much awaited Smartphone from Samsung. See Specs, price and release date on this page
Google Nexus Prime is the much awaited new Android phone created by Samsung. This is the successor of Nexus One and Nexus S. Verizon calls it the “Droid Prime”.
Google Nexus Prime is expected to run on the latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. But since Ice Cream Sandwich isn’t out yet, early units of Google Nexus Prime might run on the current Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
If so, upgrade is sure to follow once Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is release. But there is also the possibility that the Nexus Prime would be hold until Android 4.0 is available.
According to sources, the Nexus Prime is like the Nexus S but it’s a little taller and thicker. It had a single Home-like button on the bottom just like the Galaxy Note. A power button and volume rocker is located on its sides.
Also according to sources, the Google Nexus Prime specifications and features are as follows:
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (might run on Gingerbread if released before Android 4.0 is released)
- 4.6 inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display
- 720p HD resolution display
- 5 Megapixel rear camera (earlier reported to be 8 megapixel)
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- 1.5MHz Dual Core Ti OMAP Processor
- Memory of 1024MG or 1GB or RAM
- Has 3D graphics hardware accelerator
- Supports 1080p HD video recording and playback
- Bluetooth 3.0
- HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+ 4G
- Reported to support LTE
- NFC – Near Field Communication
- MHL and HDMI
- Supports HTML and Flash internet browsing
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope
According to resources the Verizon’s Google Nexus Prime release date would be around October or early November 2011. Google Nexus Prime’s price is not yet disclosed. Expect it to be higher than Nexus S.
One Response to Google Nexus Prime Specifications, Price and Release Date